After changing the hostname of a satellite client run the following commands below to update and 'refresh' satellite.
- Hostnames can be refreshed from within the satellite GUI by going to the Systems tab, clicking on the system, clicking the hardware sub-tab underneath the system name in the details page, and using the "Schedule hardware refresh" button at the top right.
- This will refresh the hardware, usually immediately.
- Also change the 'System Name'
- Under Details >> Properties in the WebUI there is a "System Name" field . Edit these 'properties' to change to new/changed hostname
- Run 'rhn-profile-sync -vv' on the client